Need help? Check out our FAQ's and videos, and if your question is still not answered, contact us by submitting a support ticket.
Frequently asked questions
- Is the drain valve closed? (The small handle on the valve should be perpendicular to the direction of the drain tube.)
- Have you cleaned the door?
- Is the black rubber gasket (door seal) clean?
- Have you replaced the oil in the vacuum pump?
- Is the vacuum pump filled with oil to the middle of the sight glass?
- Is the door pad in place? (Ensure it is not stuck between the door and the rubber gasket.)
- Is the door closed and compressed tight?
The vacuum pump oil should be changed and filtered after every batch. As the oil in your pump gets older, cycle times can increase.
Printable version: Vacuum Error Checklist
- Closed drain valve?
- Check vacuum hose connections. Remove the hose from the freeze dryer and the vacuum pump. Make certain the rubber “O” rings on each end are not damaged.
- Vacuum Hose connections—securely hand tightened for JIC fittings.
- Vacuum pump plugged into the back of the freeze dryer
- Vacuum pump powered on (see on/off switch on vacuum pump)
- Vacuum pump needs to have New oil and the oil should be filled to line in middle of sight glass
- Vacuum pump free of 3rd party accessories or modification(s)
- Silicone Door Gasket – clean and not damaged (inside and out)
- Make sure the door is clean so you get a good seal
- Does door seal against the gasket – can you see a thin ring, when door is securely closed, that goes most of the way around gasket.
If you are unable to resolve the issue you are encountering, and wish to speak with a Support Technician, please have your serial number handy, as well as your log files. Instructions for downloading log files are included below:
- Turn off your freeze dryer
- Plug an empty thumb drive into the USB slot
- Turn the freeze dryer on and the files will be automatically downloaded
- Take out the thumb drive and put it into your computer.
- When you open the drive it will have a folder named “Harvest”. Email this folder to your Support Technician (as part of your ticket), after you have spoken with him/her.
Need help?Submit a ticket