Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse. – Henry Van Dyke
November 13th is World Kindness Day, and it’s a day we think worth celebrating and observing every month. We’ve written before about using your home freeze dryer to help others, but more than ever before we’ve heard stories from you about how you’re helping neighbors – and strangers – through the terrible natural disasters this year by sharing freeze dried meals.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. – Aesop
The holidays are full of wonder for some, and not so full of wonder for others. Wherever you fall on the spectrum this year, we believe kindness can change your worldview.
Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and you’ll change your world. – Annie Lennox
If you have a home freeze dryer, you have a fantastic way to be kind right in your kitchen. Here are five of our favorite ways to use freeze dried food to spread kindness:
- Make healthy road trip snacks such as freeze-dried fruit and marshmallows combined with nuts and seeds to send home with your holiday house guests.
- Freeze dry simple entrees or desserts to share with elderly people in your neighborhood or church. The holidays can be lonely for many seniors, and a small gesture can go a long way.
- Share freeze dried portions of foods kids love, such as mac and cheese, seasoned veggie chips and fruit with single parents in your circle of friends. Just one no-cook night can help stressed parents recharge.
- Wrap up freeze dried goodies such as ice cream sandwiches, gummy bears, and yogurt drops to share with neighbors and friends. Novelty treats are so much more fun than cookies and fudge.
- Freeze dry a week’s worth of favorite meals to give as a gift. Having just a week’s worth of nutritious food can help someone you love safely and comfortably endure an emergency in the coming year.
Kindness is always fashionable – Amelia Barr
If you’re using your freeze dryer to spread kindness this year, share your ideas on our Facebook page or send us an email. We’d love to hear what you’re up to!
I just recieved this email.
What a Beautiful gesture!!
I think this company is AMAZING.
I love the recipes and drool everytime I read one!!
Happy Holiday Blessings!!
Thank you, Tammy!